Please contact NARBA if you would like to suggest additional resources to add to this list.
- Best Management Practices for Agritourism Farms during the Pandemic (Cornell) Widely applicable.
National Resources & Information
- www.coronavirus.gov A main federal CDC/White House/DHHS information site
- USDA MAIN CORONAVIRUS PAGE
- USDA and USDOL information on H2A, travel restrictions, etc.
- Agricultural Employer Checklist for Creating a COVID-19 Assessment and Control Plan
- Agriculture Workers and Employers: Interim Guidance from CDC and the U.S. Department of Labor
- US Dept. of Labor Coronavirus Resources
- USDA H2A Coronavirus Information
- Considerations to Protect Seasonal Workers during Harvesting and Processing and in Shared/Communal Housing (United Fresh)
- COVID-19 Guidance for Migrant Farm Workers and their Employers (NC)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Employee Paid Leave Rights
Food Safety & Sanitation Resources
- COVID-19 Food Safety Resources (NCSU) Information sheets in both English and Spanish on handwashing, making sanitizer, preparing for an outbreak in your community, cleaning and disinfecting, safety of takeout food and grocery stores, and more.
- COVID-19 Farmers Market Guidelines (NCSU)
- COVID-19 U-Pick Guidelines (NCSU)
- Corona Virus and Food Safety: Why there is no need to panic (Genetic Literacy Project)
- How to Properly Wash Your Hands (CNA; clear and detailed!)
Pick-Your-Own/Direct Market Though specific rules or guidance referenced in these documents may not apply in your state, there are many recommendations that are widely applicable. Be sure to find out if your state has rules or guidance you should follow.
- Best Management Practices for Agritourism Farms during the Pandemic (Cornell) Widely applicable. New
- Covid-19 FAQs for U-Pick Farms (University of Florida)
- COVID-19 FAQs for U-Pick (North Carolina)
- Guidance for You-Pick Farms (Maryland)
- Recorded Webinar on Setting up an On-Line Store (North Carolina)
- Guidance for U-Pick Farms during the COVID-19 Pandemic (Oregon)
- A Guide for U-Pick Producers / Agritourism Sites During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Indiana)
- Alternative Delivery Systems for Local Producers During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Indiana)
- Guidance for Farm Pick-Your-Own (PYO)/Agricultural Tourism Activities (Massachussets)
- How might COVID-19 change food purchases this summer? Article from Michigan Extension
- Best Management Practices for U-Pick Farms During the COVID-19 Pandemic (New York)
- U-Pick Guidance (Michigan)
Additional State-issued Information