St. Louis Lambert International Airport (SLA) is 11 miles away. Airlines include American, Delta, Southwest, United, Alaska, and Air Canada.
For those arriving by car, the hotel address is 212 North Kingshighway, St. Louis, MO 63108.
The Arch Oh, the Arch! St. Louis’s wonderful and iconic landmark, a marvel of design and engineering, and a celebration of the growth of America. It is also the world’s tallest arch and the tallest man-made monument in the Western Hemisphere. It offers great views over the city — yes, you can ride to the top inside it — and an excellent museum (it’s a National Park). The Arch is located on St. Louis’s riverfront, a short train ride from our host hotel. There is a good possibility that we will organize small group excursions to the Arch during or right after the conference, but you can also always go on your own. For more information, see Gateway Arch National Park, and GatewayArch.com
- Forest Park – right across the street from our hotel. With 1300 acres, this park is one of the largest urban parks in the U.S. — it is 450 acres larger than Central Park in New York. Take a break during the conference, run or walk on its paths, and enjoy the trees and open space. It’s also home to the Saint Louis Art Museum, the Missouri History Museum, the Saint Louis Science Center and the Saint Louis Zoo. The park was the site of 1904 Worlds Fair.
- Ballpark Village at Bush Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals is a fun complex of sports bars with huge TV screens and memorabilia for the Cardinals (and other teams). Near the Arch. Learn more here.
- Hockey, anyone? The St. Louis Blues were the 2019 Stanley Cup Champions. They won’t be playing any home games during our conference (the closest date is March 10) but you can catch the excitement for away games on March 3 (NY Rangers), March 6 (New Jersey Devils), and March 8 (Chicago Blackhawks) at Ballpark Village and other locations. Learn more here.
- The Central West End is the neighborhood where our hotel is located. Lots of restaurants, lots to explore — including the World Chess Hall of Fame! Learn more here
- Beer — St. Louis is home to Anheuser-Busch, one of the oldest and largest brewing companies in the country, as well as a lively local microbrewery scene. A tour may be arranged as a conference option.
- And lots more! Learn more at Visit St. Louis.