Conference Sneak Preview
We’re getting close to finalizing the program for our conference in Grand Rapids. Here’s some of what — and who– you can expect.
- Grower presentations by Gary Bardenhagen (MI), Fred Koenigshof (MI), and Kevin Edberg (MN).
- Grower panel discussions on organic production, raising berries in tunnels, blackberry production in cold climates, and smartphone apps.
- Practical, focused workshops on “Getting Started in Raspberries and Blackberries” and on “Make Your Own Food Safety Plan: Right here and now” The beginners workshop will be led by Marvin Pritts (Cornell) and Eric Hanson (MSU)
- Blackberry breeder John Clark (Arkansas), giving TWO talks.
- A raspberry variety update by Nate Nourse, Nourse Farms.
- Up-to-date information on SWD and diseases, presented by Rufus Isaacs (MSU), Hannah Burrack (NCSU) and Annemiek Schilder (MSU),
- A whole track of sessions focusing on tunnel production
- Networking and discussion opportunities, including an evening hospitality room and an evening roundtable on production topics.
- Lots of non-caneberry sessions to choose from, too: strawberry sessions from our partner NASGA, and a full Great Lakes Expo of sessions on vegetables, marketing, food safety, management, and more.
Watch for the full program and registration materials in September.