Our host hotel is the DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg. Our special conference rate is $99/night. The cutoff date for this rate is January 28. You can cancel without penalty up until 48 hours before the day of your arrival. We encourage you to make reservations early. There are several ways to register:
- Call 301-977-8900 and mention “NARBA Conference” or “Raspberry & Blackberry Conference”
- Visit our dedicated reservations page. Click on “Make a Reservation”, then, at the top of the next screen, click on “Edit Stay” to adjust the default that is there for number of people and the nights you plan to be there. Rooms with king bed or two queen beds are both available.
- If you are coming early/staying longer: The online reservation system only works for the nights of Feb. 20-24. However, our special rate is also good for the “shoulder” dates of Feb. 17-19 and Feb. 25-27. To make a reservation that includes any of these nights, contact Reservations Manager Elba Guzman directly at Elba.Guzman@hilton.com or 301-591-9908.
The hotel offers free parking, free wi-fi, a fitness center and indoor pool, and an on-site restaurant.
Travel: The hotel is just off Interstate 270, between Frederick, MD and Washington, DC.
Address: 620 Perry Pkwy, Gaithersburg, MD 20877.
There are three airports in the Washington, DC area.
- Washington National Airport (DCA): 28 miles
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD): 33 miles
- Baltimore/Washington International (BWI): 47 miles
Airport transportation: The hotel does not offer an airport shuttle. Washington National Airport is directly connected to the DC Metrorail, and Dulles Airport is connected to Metrorail via bus. See details here. The Shady Grove Metro station (red line) is 10-15 minutes from the hotel by car/taxi. Commercial shuttles and rental cars can be found at all airports.
THE LOCAL AREA
Gaithersburg is about 45 minutes from downtown Washington by car and usually even more quickly by the Metro (with no need to find parking or battle traffic). At this time the hotel’s shuttles are not operating; you will need to get yourself to the Shady Grove station to board the Metro.
Washington DC offers a huge array of museums, national monuments and institution, and history, plus shopping, sporting events, and night life. The federal Smithsonian museums include the National Zoo, the National Air & Space Museum, the Museum of National History and more. They are a national treasure — and they are all free admission.
Bethesda, located like our hotel in Montgomery County (and on the Red Line Metro and about 20 minutes drive towards DC), has become a major dining destination. Learn more here: