The North American Raspberry & Blackberry Conference and the Southeast Regional Fruit and Vegetable Conference (SRFVC) invite the presentation of research posters from researchers and extension agents of land grant universities, colleges of agriculture/related sciences and government agencies (USDA, etc). For its poster display on Thursday, January 10, NARBA also accepts posters from growers about their farms or on-farm research.
Caneberry related posters will be displayed in the NARBA conference area on Thursday, Jan 10, and then moved to the general SRFVC posters area for display on January 11-12.
Possible poster topics include, but should not be limited to, production/cultivation practices, yield improvement, pest/disease control, plant protection (pesticides/fumigants), improvement of product quality, variety research/breeding/trials, post-harvest handling, food safety, shelf life, new technology, economic models/survey, etc.
Recommended poster size is 40 x 40 inches. Width is more important than length, maximum width 44 inches; posters will share a display board.
The deadline to submit posters has been extended to Tuesday, December 18.
TO PRESENT A POSTER AT THE CONFERENCE:
Send an email to the NARBA office (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND to Dr. Andre da Silva (email@example.com). (If you have a non-caneberry poster you’d like displayed, then send the information only to Dr. da Silva.)
Include the following information:
- Title, Author(s), Author affiliation Please see the following format example:
Rednecked Cane Borer and Broad Mite Monitoring and Management. Donn T. Johnson* and Sarah Smith, Department of Entomology, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR. *Presenting/attending author
- One contact person along with email and/or phone number
- 3-5 sentence summary
This information will be included in the NARBA conference program, and all SE Regional Conference attendees will have access to a handout containing a list of the above information.
NARBA will also publish Poster Abstracts and Poster Images (pdf) in its online conference Proceedings after the conference. Please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org (abstracts in Word or similar, images in pdf) by January 20.
- If you are NOT attending the conference, you may send your poster in advance (by January 1 please) to the NARBA office (197 Spring Creek Rd, Pittsboro, NC 27312), and we will take responsibility for hanging and removing the poster. If you need it returned, you will be charged for shipping costs.
- You may choose to bring/send printouts of posters or main findings for attendees to take with them if they choose.
- There is no formal presentation of posters or content.
- Poster stanchions will be available Thursday, January 10 at 7:30 a.m. in the NARBA conference area.
- Posters must be removed from stanchions by Saturday, January 12 at 5 p.m.
- There are no travel funds or complimentary conference registrations available for poster presentations.
- Neither NARBA nor SRFVC will take any responsibility for lost or damaged Posters.