Tour of Raspberry & Blackberry Production in Mexico: February 21-24, 2017
The tour is sponsored by the North American Raspberry & Blackberry Association and hosted by Aneberries, the Mexican national association of berry exporters. THIS TOUR IS NOW FULL. No further registrations can be accepted. NARBA members can look forward to a full report in the next newsletter. Not a member? We hope you’ll join.
Please use this form to register: Mexico Tour Info and Registration Form Online registration is not available, but we do offer secure online payment via Paypal or credit card. To use this option click here. (You will still need to send in the actual registration form.)
The tour visits both raspberry and blackberry farms as well as berry packing/cooler facilities. It will involve farms working with a variety of companies which import to the U.S. Plan to see production and harvest, learn about current research, and explore the economics of farming and export. At the same time we will experience the local culture and environment and connect with our Mexican counterparts.
The tour will be led by Aneberries’ knowledgeable local personnel and Spanish/English translation will be provided. Travel will be in comfortable, modern vans; our hotels are rated 4-5 stars. Maintaining the safety and security of participants will be emphasized throughout the itinerary.
- Tuesday, February 21: Fly into Guadalajara. The group hotel will be the Guadalajara Plaza Ejecutivo López Mateos. Welcome Dinner in the evening.
- Wednesday, February 22: Drive to Zamora, Michoacán, and transfer to the Hotel Meson del Valle in Zamora. Visits to farms and berry cooler facilities in the area.
- Thursday, February 23: Visits to farms and facilities in the Los Reyes area; return to Guadalajara and the Guadalajara Plaza Ejecutivo López Mateos.
- Friday, February 24: Visits in the Jalisco area; return to our Guadalajara hotel for the night.
- Saturday, February 25: Optional Tequila Tour add-on day
- Depart Saturday or Sunday, or stay on to explore further.
Tour includes: Hotel for four nights, Welcome Dinner, breakfasts, lunches on Feb. 22-24, on-site transportation. It does not include airfare, airport/hotel transfer (we will help participants to arrange/carpool taxis). Dinners Feb. 22-24 are on your own.
Caneberry Production Tour cost: $295.00/person double occupancy, $395.00/person single occupancy. This is a NARBA member price. Nonmembers may join with a $50/introductory membership or pay a $40/person surcharge.
Optional Add-On: Saturday, February 25: Casa Cuervo Tequila Express Train Tour. Just for fun! Ride the train to enjoy a Mexican lunch, Mariachi music, and entertainment, and visit a distillery, with lots of opportunities to sample. A very full day! Price includes an additional night (February 25) at the Guadalajara Plaza Ejecutivo López Mateosa. Add-on Cost: $130/person double occupancy, $155/person single occupancy.
Additional information about travel and the region: Click here.
Questions? Call NARBA at 919-542-4037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a sponsor of this tour? See Sponsorship Information.